Former Miss Kenya Gaudentia Aurah has passed on.
Her sister, Celestine Aura confirmed her death on Facebook but did not reveal the cause.
“It’s with deep sorrow, I mean sorrow upon sorrow that you Went to be with the Lord this morning. Our hearts are hardened to this truth. Would it be a dream? The first African pilot woman, Miss Kenya, the Model princess, The Lux girl, Intelligent, the queens English material. A lady of style. You can’t be in that Cold place Pretty. I don’t know how to Mourn you. Gaudentia Aura the African queen… Death has robbed us…We are here in grieve and disbelief… LORD HOLD MY HAND IN THIS, Gaudentia’s sister captioned.
Gaudentia was the first woman to introduce modelling in Kenya. She represented black beauty and made other black women embrace their skin colour.
Here are 10 things you did not know about her;
1. She was the first only African model.
2. She was the first African woman pilot.
3. She was the only African model on Unilever products.
4. She was used as a mannequin for designed Kenyan clothes in Europe. How cool is this?
5. She was the star of African Heritage but shows that travelled around the world.
6. She was a member of Friends Church that is located along Ngong Road.
7. She was a singer and dancer.
8. She was the First African pilot.