The Music Copyright Society of Kenya has released the top earners of 2019.
In a press statement, they said,
“This year we would like to continue with our culture of recognizing top-earning artists based on airplay data collected from radio and T.V stations. We would, therefore, like to recognize the following top-earning artists in MCSK PPP royalty distribution for the period between 01st July and 31st December 2019.
MCSK says following the use of the new transparent electronic systems to calculate the royalties payout, the highest beneficiary received Ksh 400,000.
Leaked list! How much Kenyan artistes contributed to Papa Dennis’ funeral
Here is the list of East Africa’s most paid acts.
1) Sauti Sol;
2) Inyatta N. Ongegu Stage name Nyashinski;
3) Christina Shusho;
4) Mercy Masika;
5) Eunice Njeri Mathenge;
6) Kevin Bahati Kioko Stage Name Bahati;
7) Gloria O. Muliro;
8) Kennedy O. Ombima Stage name King Kaka;
9) Les Wanyika;
10) Jacob O. Obunga Stage name Otile Brown;
11) Henry O. Ohanga Stage name Octopizzo;
12) Owen Mwatia Stage name Daddy Owen;
13) Wilson O. Opondo Stage name Willy Paul;
14) Alex N. Apoko Stage name Ringtone;
15) David K. Mathenge Stage name Nameless;
16) Brian Ouko Omollo Stage name Khaligraph Jones;
17) Yusuf Said Kombo Stage name Susumila;
18) Jua Cali;
19) Collins M. Majale Stage name Collo;
20) Sarah N. Mwangi Stage name Sarah Kay.